A report and recommendations adopted by the Annual Assembly meeting in Georgetown, KY, on October 28, 2011
Running the race of faithfulness before God and the “cloud of witnesses” involves more than staying on one’s feet. It is also a matter of reading the signs and adjusting course. How will the Kentucky Council of Churches run the race in the coming years? We propose in this report a number of answers born of a longing to …
- broaden the relationships and partnerships in which our churches pursue the ministry of unity
- deepen the fellowship among our denominational leaders
- be yoked in all our work with the next generations of Christian leaders and redouble ecumenical service and advocacy inspired by God’s reign.
To these ends, our recommendations include:
- a concise statement of our mission
- a new “ecumenical formation initiatives” unit devoted to new partnering,
- an initiative promoting training and enrichment opportunities for church leaders,
- places of influence for persons representing pockets of energy for unity,
- an annual gathering for denominational heads,
- specific plans and targets for growth in both relationships and funding, and
- an increased emphasis on networking and equipping in all our work.
Read more ...